L8SP Controller with not leave “TEST” on power-up

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    WindsorHuang
    Keymaster

I have a L8SP that will not leave “TEST” on power up and a solid Red LED. I have tried resetting the L8SP to factory default which is does, then it wants me to update the firmware. I have tried flashing the firmware to v33, v36 and v37. Every I get the same results, stuck on “TEST”. I cant find any information on any else to try. Thanks.

chunxia, zhang
    Participant

I would guess that this module needs replacement, but before you do that:

– Do you have a L8xES processor next to the L8SP?
    – Was the L8SP firmware updated at the same time you flashed that L8xES processor?
    – Was L8xES processor program configured for SIL3 partner use? It will not work if loaded code is for SIL2
    – Did you pull all modules out of this chassis and inspected connectors for bent pins?

If this did not help, then time to call your local distributor to get replacement.

vincent
    Participant

Did you configure the L8xES next to it for Sil 3?

vincent
    Participant

– Do you have a L8xES processor next to the L8SP? Yes
    – Was the L8SP firmware updated at the same time you flashed that L8xES processor? Yes – to Version 36
    – Was L8xES processor program configured for SIL3 partner use? It will not work if loaded code is for SIL2? Yes but I need to download to the controller and that is when it asks me to update the L8SP firmware to Version 36
    – Did you pull all modules out of this chassis and inspected connectors for bent pins? Yes the L82ES and the L8SP are the only thing in the rack.

I figured it was dead and needed to be replaced but I wanted to try and see if I could get it going again.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart